This piece from Scary Mommy stresses the importance of becoming part of a “mom squad,” a group of moms who support each other. I agree! This piece also claims that “other moms don’t judge.” Wish I could agree! Sadly, patients often tell me stories about being judged by other moms (interesting side note: Scary Mommy is also running a piece about “sanctimommies,” moms who persistently judge other moms). I think the important thing is to find a squad of like-minded and supportive moms, and tune out the rest. Not all moms are squad-worthy!
Mom Brain Book
Follow me on TwitterTweets by @DrCBTMom
- Mom Brain Q&A with Motherwell Magazine!
- My back to school resolution: To stop trying to facilitate everything for my kids
- Talking maternal emotions, anxiety, and perfectionism with Vivvi
- Perfectionism, comparison-making, and more on the Moms Don’t Have Time to Read Books podast!
- Sharing what I’ve learned about maternal emotions for The Washington Post’s On Parenting