Here is a piece I wrote for Scary Mommy, about managing expectations for motherhood: My children, Jenny, Jamie and Tracy, are currently lying face up in a box in my closet. Perhaps I should clarify. These three children are part of my vast and beloved doll collection, which I started when I was 4 years old and got my first…
I’d like to start out this post about overcoming holiday loneliness by sharing a snippet of a conversation I heard this morning at my local grocery store: Mom 1: You know that movie A Christmas Story? At least two channels play it on loop from Christmas Eve to Christmas Day. Mom 2: Looks like we’ll be going to my uncle’s…
Mom Brain Book
Follow me on TwitterTweets by @DrCBTMom
- Mom Brain Q&A with Motherwell Magazine!
- My back to school resolution: To stop trying to facilitate everything for my kids
- Talking maternal emotions, anxiety, and perfectionism with Vivvi
- Perfectionism, comparison-making, and more on the Moms Don’t Have Time to Read Books podast!
- Sharing what I’ve learned about maternal emotions for The Washington Post’s On Parenting