“What if Eve doesn’t make the soccer team?” “What if the other moms in the play group don’t like me?” “What if this pain in my arm means that I… Read More
Really important piece from The Mighty in which moms living with mental illness speak out about their experiences and share their “secrets.” May is Mental Health Awareness Month, an important… Read More
This piece from Scary Mommy stresses the importance of becoming part of a “mom squad,” a group of moms who support each other. I agree! This piece also claims that… Read More
I love Jennifer Senior’s All Joy and No Fun. It points out that parenthood is far from the “sunshine and flowers” experience that American parents somehow come to expect. I often… Read More
This piece about over-scheduling kids reminds us that the best way to encourage our children’s creativity is to provide them with free play time. I’d add that over-scheduling kids also impacts parents’… Read More
Six months ago, while I was innocently opening the fridge to grab a yogurt for my two-year-old son, he snuck up behind me and bit me on my butt. My… Read More
Are You A Stressed Mom?
Follow me on TwitterTweets by @DrCBTMom
- #WellnessWednesday Tip: Rewarding yourself (aka star charts for moms)
- #WellnessWednesday Video Tip: Helping moms manage their own back-to-school anxiety
- #WellnessWednesday Video Tip: Managing vacation stress
- #WellnessWednesday Video Tip: Plan ahead for difficult conversations
- Stop should-ing all over yourself!