In this week’s New York Times Parenting newsletter, writer Jessica Grose explains her decision not to have another child. She employs the term “emotional bandwith,” noting that she didn’t have the emotional bandwith (what I’d define as capacity to effectively cope emotionally; she defines it as “patience” and “humanity”) for a third kid. I talk to my mom patients about…
Are You A Stressed Mom?
Follow me on TwitterTweets by @DrCBTMom
- I talk with Parents magazine about new moms on social media
- Helping moms manage their own back-to-school anxiety
- On being a working mother and paying for time away from your kids
- Dr. CBT Mom Book Club Selection! “Fleishman is in Trouble” features some amazing writing about motherhood
- The importance of paying attention to your “emotional bandwith”