I love Jennifer Senior’s All Joy and No Fun. It points out that parenthood is far from the “sunshine and flowers” experience that American parents somehow come to expect. I often… Read More
This piece about over-scheduling kids reminds us that the best way to encourage our children’s creativity is to provide them with free play time. I’d add that over-scheduling kids also impacts parents’… Read More
Six months ago, while I was innocently opening the fridge to grab a yogurt for my two-year-old son, he snuck up behind me and bit me on my butt. My… Read More
Check out this terrific piece about the impossibility of balancing work and life, written by an executive and mother of three. Parents need to come to terms with the fact that… Read More
Here’s a piece I wrote for Scary Mommy about my recent college reunion: Last weekend, fueled by cheap alcoholic punch, bad nachos, and something magical called Insomnia Cookies (unrelated: Where have… Read More
Here’s a mantra I’ve adopted for myself about rising up against this new administration. There is no room for guilt in the resistance. As a psychologist, I’m also sharing it… Read More
Are You A Stressed Mom?
Follow me on TwitterTweets by @DrCBTMom
- Some greatest hits from the last two months….
- I talk with Parents magazine about new moms on social media
- Helping moms manage their own back-to-school anxiety
- On being a working mother and paying for time away from your kids
- Dr. CBT Mom Book Club Selection! “Fleishman is in Trouble” features some amazing writing about motherhood