I had my first son in April, and by June, I was already thinking about Halloween. I loved Halloween as a kid (that’s me and my best friend Annie in… Read More
The ability to empathize with others–that is, understand and share others’ feelings– is considered a critical skill for mothers. When our kids are struggling, we want them to know that… Read More
When my older son was an infant, I was repeatedly told that things would get much easier for me once I “made it through the first year.” Having now made… Read More
I wrote a piece for Motherly about the transitions you can’t prepare for, those moments when you are blindsided by changes in your children. As a parent, I have found… Read More
I’m honored to have been selected as one of the Association For Behavioral and Cognitive Therapies’ Featured Therapists. I’ve been lucky to be able to call ABCT my professional home… Read More
As a psychologist who specializes in working with anxious parents, and as a mom who specializes in little boys (I’ve got two), I can tell you that those back-to-school ads… Read More
Are You A Stressed Mom?
Follow me on TwitterTweets by @DrCBTMom
- Some greatest hits from the last two months….
- I talk with Parents magazine about new moms on social media
- Helping moms manage their own back-to-school anxiety
- On being a working mother and paying for time away from your kids
- Dr. CBT Mom Book Club Selection! “Fleishman is in Trouble” features some amazing writing about motherhood