We’ve all seen those back-to-school ads: kids look depressed while moms look positively gleeful, happily dancing through the aisles of an office supply store as they lob pencils and glue into their carts. But in reality, moms are often anxious at back-to-school time. They worry about everything from how they’ll get everything on the school supply list to how their…
We all like to think that we totally get who our kids are. But what happens when they become someone else entirely, seemingly overnight? I discuss my experience with kids and change in a new piece for Motherly. We need to stop trying to peg our kids as one thing or another and instead give them the freedom to change. As…
I wrote a piece for Motherly about the transitions you can’t prepare for, those moments when you are blindsided by changes in your children. As a parent, I have found these transitions to be more difficult to navigate than the transitions we all know to expect (i.e. first day of kindergarten, first middle school dance, first trip to college). I…
Are You A Stressed Mom?
Follow me on TwitterTweets by @DrCBTMom
- #WellnessWednesday Tip: Rewarding yourself (aka star charts for moms)
- #WellnessWednesday Video Tip: Helping moms manage their own back-to-school anxiety
- #WellnessWednesday Video Tip: Managing vacation stress
- #WellnessWednesday Video Tip: Plan ahead for difficult conversations
- Stop should-ing all over yourself!