I talk a lot about how moms can minimize their own stress during the holiday season (stay tuned for a bunch of posts from me about that!). Here is a great companion piece about how moms (and dads) can minimize their toddlers’ stress and reduce toddler tantrums during the holidays. In the article my dear friend and colleague Dr. Rebecca…
It’s almost Mother’s Day, a perfect opportunity to highlight the importance of telling moms that you appreciate them. I didn’t realize just how important this was for me personally until a stranger in Shop Rite commented on my parenting and changed my perspective. I don’t know his name, and will probably never see him again, but this letter is for…
When my older son was an infant, I was repeatedly told that things would get much easier for me once I “made it through the first year.” Having now made it through the infancy and toddlerhood of two kids, I can say with certainty that things did not, in fact, get any easier when my kids turned one. On the…
Are You A Stressed Mom?
Follow me on TwitterTweets by @DrCBTMom
- Some greatest hits from the last two months….
- I talk with Parents magazine about new moms on social media
- Helping moms manage their own back-to-school anxiety
- On being a working mother and paying for time away from your kids
- Dr. CBT Mom Book Club Selection! “Fleishman is in Trouble” features some amazing writing about motherhood