I’m late to this piece by Lydia Kiesling in The New York Times, but I loved it so much I had to share it. Kiesling openly admits that one of the greatest benefits of working, for her and other mothers, is to “forestall the possibility of spending all day, every day with our children.” Her essay (and the gorgeous accompanying…
I was a musical theater nerd growing up, but thanks to my husband’s genes my kid is all about sports. I’m slowly trying to adjust to this world of far-away tournaments and brown knee stains that never come out in the wash. I’m learning to cope with the feelings that arise when your kid is in the midst of a…
I love this piece from Hillary Frank, author and creator of the wonderful parenting podcast The Longest Shortest Time, about how moms don’t have to turn boring. All women are aware that motherhood is going to change their lives. We know that having kids makes it harder to go out with friends and get work done and pursue hobbies. But what…
Are You A Stressed Mom?
Follow me on TwitterTweets by @DrCBTMom
- Some greatest hits from the last two months….
- I talk with Parents magazine about new moms on social media
- Helping moms manage their own back-to-school anxiety
- On being a working mother and paying for time away from your kids
- Dr. CBT Mom Book Club Selection! “Fleishman is in Trouble” features some amazing writing about motherhood