I love this piece from On Parenting, written by the terrific Jessica Leahy. In it, she discusses how parents often overestimate the risk of something terrible happening to their children based on how outrageous current media coverage of that thing happens to be. She stresses the importance of teaching parents to evaluate risk. I often talk to parents about this,…
I posted today’s #WellnessWednesday video as scheduled, but I’d be remiss if I didn’t mention the far more important humanitarian crisis occurring at our borders. Separating children from their parents is inhumane, and will result in long-term and far-reaching psychological consequences for the children and their parents. #FamiliesBelongTogether! Please consider donating, calling members of our government, and VOTING! See this…
I’ve been trying for over a week to write something about the tragedy in Parkland, Florida. All of the recent mass shootings in America have affected me deeply, but for some reason, this one has been impossible for me to process. Perhaps because there has been so much coverage of the students and parents of Parkland, who are speaking so…
Are You A Stressed Mom?
Follow me on TwitterTweets by @DrCBTMom
- Some greatest hits from the last two months….
- I talk with Parents magazine about new moms on social media
- Helping moms manage their own back-to-school anxiety
- On being a working mother and paying for time away from your kids
- Dr. CBT Mom Book Club Selection! “Fleishman is in Trouble” features some amazing writing about motherhood