I can’t count the number of times mom patients have complained about “PTA culture” and specifically the expectation that they as mothers should always be the ones volunteering. This excellent piece from On Parenting discusses this problem and how it is particularly challenging for working mothers. It also offers potential solutions. I’m all for any initiatives that bring more dads into the classroom (and therefore reduce the burden on moms!)
Why are moms always expected to be the volunteers?
Prev post: The qualified happiness of parentingNext post: Telling Moms That You Appreciate Them Is Important. Take it from me.
Are You A Stressed Mom?
Follow me on TwitterTweets by @DrCBTMom
- #WellnessWednesday Tip: Rewarding yourself (aka star charts for moms)
- #WellnessWednesday Video Tip: Helping moms manage their own back-to-school anxiety
- #WellnessWednesday Video Tip: Managing vacation stress
- #WellnessWednesday Video Tip: Plan ahead for difficult conversations
- Stop should-ing all over yourself!