Over the past week, two terrific articles have been published, both featuring moms sharing their stories of depression and anxiety. One is from the Washington Post On Parenting, the other from Vogue. As a psychologist who specializes in maternal mental health, I am always so appreciative when courageous moms like these tell their stories in major publications. These stories will undoubtedly help in the ongoing effort to destigmatize maternal mental illness, and will hopefully inspire other moms struggling with depression and anxiety to seek the help they so desperately need and deserve.
Moms sharing their stories of depression and anxiety
- How to be a baseball mom (or a soccer mom, or a lacrosse mom…) June 14, 2019
- A somewhat less purpose-driven life March 22, 2019
- Introducing Dr. CBT Mom’s #WellnessWednesday video series! May 16, 2018
Are You A Stressed Mom?
Follow me on TwitterTweets by @DrCBTMom
- Some greatest hits from the last two months….
- I talk with Parents magazine about new moms on social media
- Helping moms manage their own back-to-school anxiety
- On being a working mother and paying for time away from your kids
- Dr. CBT Mom Book Club Selection! “Fleishman is in Trouble” features some amazing writing about motherhood