We all like to think that we totally get who our kids are. But what happens when they become someone else entirely, seemingly overnight? I discuss my experience with kids and change in a new piece for Motherly. We need to stop trying to peg our kids as one thing or another and instead give them the freedom to change. As…
It always happens around this time of year. Moms come into my office, their faces contorted with shame. They sit down on my couch, take a deep breath, and reluctantly confess that they hate the holiday season. Every year at this time I find myself consoling moms who feel extremely guilty about hating the holidays. I don’t know where this…
Are You A Stressed Mom?
Follow me on TwitterTweets by @DrCBTMom
- Some greatest hits from the last two months….
- I talk with Parents magazine about new moms on social media
- Helping moms manage their own back-to-school anxiety
- On being a working mother and paying for time away from your kids
- Dr. CBT Mom Book Club Selection! “Fleishman is in Trouble” features some amazing writing about motherhood