I wrote a piece for Motherly about the transitions you can’t prepare for, those moments when you are blindsided by changes in your children. As a parent, I have found these transitions to be more difficult to navigate than the transitions we all know to expect (i.e. first day of kindergarten, first middle school dance, first trip to college). I had a much harder time dealing with the discovery of my son’s leg hair than with his first day of preschool. I would love to hear from my readers: which transitions have been most surprising and difficult for you? What did you do to cope?
The Transitions You Can’t Prepare For
- Helping moms manage their own back-to-school anxiety August 15, 2019
- Giving our kids the freedom to change December 20, 2017
You must log in to post a comment.
Are You A Stressed Mom?
Follow me on TwitterTweets by @DrCBTMom
- I talk with Parents magazine about new moms on social media
- Helping moms manage their own back-to-school anxiety
- On being a working mother and paying for time away from your kids
- Dr. CBT Mom Book Club Selection! “Fleishman is in Trouble” features some amazing writing about motherhood
- The importance of paying attention to your “emotional bandwith”