This piece from Scary Mommy stresses the importance of becoming part of a “mom squad,” a group of moms who support each other. I agree! This piece also claims that “other moms don’t judge.” Wish I could agree! Sadly, patients often tell me stories about being judged by other moms (interesting side note: Scary Mommy is also running a piece about “sanctimommies,” moms who persistently judge other moms). I think the important thing is to find a squad of like-minded and supportive moms, and tune out the rest. Not all moms are squad-worthy!
Finding a “mom squad”
- When sheltering in place puts parenting on display: Dealing with judgment during COVID-19 May 18, 2020
- New Year, New Book! January 6, 2020
- Happy Galentine’s Day! February 13, 2019
You must log in to post a comment.
My New Book
Are You A Stressed Mom?
Follow me on TwitterTweets by @DrCBTMom
- Self-care during COVID-19: How to prioritize your mental health
- When sheltering in place puts parenting on display: Dealing with judgment during COVID-19
- Using mindfulness to cope with anxiety and sadness during COVID-19
- Yes, psychologists feel like crap, too: Corona-coping along with my patients
- Maternal bandwidth (or lack thereof) during a pandemic