This piece from Scary Mommy stresses the importance of becoming part of a “mom squad,” a group of moms who support each other. I agree! This piece also claims that “other moms don’t judge.” Wish I could agree! Sadly, patients often tell me stories about being judged by other moms (interesting side note: Scary Mommy is also running a piece about “sanctimommies,” moms who persistently judge other moms). I think the important thing is to find a squad of like-minded and supportive moms, and tune out the rest. Not all moms are squad-worthy!
Finding a “mom squad”
You must log in to post a comment.
Are You A Stressed Mom?
Follow me on TwitterTweets by @DrCBTMom
- Some greatest hits from the last two months….
- I talk with Parents magazine about new moms on social media
- Helping moms manage their own back-to-school anxiety
- On being a working mother and paying for time away from your kids
- Dr. CBT Mom Book Club Selection! “Fleishman is in Trouble” features some amazing writing about motherhood