“What if Eve doesn’t make the soccer team?” “What if the other moms in the play group don’t like me?” “What if this pain in my arm means that I have a serious illness?” If you often find yourself asking “What If?” questions like these, you might be a “What If?” mom. “What If?” moms are anxious about uncertain future…
Really important piece from The Mighty in which moms living with mental illness speak out about their experiences and share their “secrets.” May is Mental Health Awareness Month, an important opportunity to educate the public about mental illness in order to reduce stigma. Moms living with mental illness need help and support, not shame and ridicule.
This piece from Scary Mommy stresses the importance of becoming part of a “mom squad,” a group of moms who support each other. I agree! This piece also claims that “other moms don’t judge.” Wish I could agree! Sadly, patients often tell me stories about being judged by other moms (interesting side note: Scary Mommy is also running a piece…
Are You A Stressed Mom?
Follow me on TwitterTweets by @DrCBTMom
- Some greatest hits from the last two months….
- I talk with Parents magazine about new moms on social media
- Helping moms manage their own back-to-school anxiety
- On being a working mother and paying for time away from your kids
- Dr. CBT Mom Book Club Selection! “Fleishman is in Trouble” features some amazing writing about motherhood