I love Jennifer Senior’s All Joy and No Fun. It points out that parenthood is far from the “sunshine and flowers” experience that American parents somehow come to expect. I often recommend it to patients; it validates their experiences and helps them feel more compassionate towards themselves (which is a major mission of cognitive-behavioral therapy!) Senior recently sat down with Motherwell to discuss her landmark book, three years after its publication.
All Joy and No Fun
Prev post: Over-scheduling kids: Not good for them (and not good for us!)Next post: Finding a “mom squad”
- Some greatest hits from the last two months…. October 4, 2019
- I talk with Parents magazine about new moms on social media August 20, 2019
- Helping moms manage their own back-to-school anxiety August 15, 2019
You must log in to post a comment.
Are You A Stressed Mom?
Follow me on TwitterTweets by @DrCBTMom
- Some greatest hits from the last two months….
- I talk with Parents magazine about new moms on social media
- Helping moms manage their own back-to-school anxiety
- On being a working mother and paying for time away from your kids
- Dr. CBT Mom Book Club Selection! “Fleishman is in Trouble” features some amazing writing about motherhood